Toward mineral mind is a recording made in late winter 02019. It consists of five sketches toward human–stone ecumenism, toward mineral mind in the longue durée. A humble offering to the eternal circular braid, to Ouroboros. Have a listen:
- hushed in heaven’s malachite bowl
- a kind of alchemical object haunting human historical time
- filled exactly with a pebbly meaning
- tongues in trees, books in the running brooks
- filled exactly with a pebbly dub
Most of the sounds are my voice sampled, processed, and sequenced. The music was made late at night next to the woodstove in a spirit of warmth and autotelic grooviness.
Track titles come from these sources, respectively:
‘Single-tree field’ by Miyazawa Kenji
Terrence McKenna in conversation with Jeffrey Mishlove, 019??
‘Pebble’ by Zbigniew Herbert
‘As You Like It’ by William Shakespeare